Here is a smorgasbord of holistic ideas that you can choose from in healing your achey back. Don’t do it all at once but you will need to do something in each category. Research these ideas, google stuff. Be careful as to the source of an article as big pharma, the FDA, the AMA have flooded the net with disinformation. Some sites I trust are: Underground Wellness with my buddy Sean Croxton, Dr. Mercola, Mike Adams the Health Ranger from Natural News, Weston A Price foundation… There is lots of solid truth out there to learn from.
Find out what works for your body. The things that are starred I am sharing with you. We are praying for your healing.
In Christ’s love,
Nutrition is first because that is the key. Ideally you would get all of the vitamins and minerals you need from your diet. Your body needs all the building blocks with which to help it heal itself. Organic, fresh, healthy meats, raw dairy, fermented, nothing processed…. I know it’s not convenient but if you are to heal it needs to be done.
*1. Bone broth soups (make with egg shells, chicken feet, happy bones, roots, celtic sea salt, extract even more minerals with an ounce of organic apple cider vinegar) use as the base for all soups.
Bone broth needs to simmer for up to 24 hours. The big three: glucosamine, gelatin and collagen are extracted from the bones and aid in healing the whole body but in particular the bones and joints are lubricated and nourished.
*2. Turmeric (one of the most anti inflammatory herbs ever) cook with it daily, make golden milk adding a teaspoon of turmeric to lightly warmed raw milk
Ginger is also a fantastic anti inflammatory herb, cook with it, make teas…
3. Avoid: gluten, sugar, sodas, caffeine, GMO foods, processed foods, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes… these are inflammatory foods)
*5. Raw milk, full of healing nutrition for bones. NOT PASTEURIZED! Can get it on Brushy Fork Rd from Farmer Ed for $3 a gallon.
*6. Fermented foods: kimchi, sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir
7. Coconut Oil (eat it by the spoonful, as much as you can get in you. At least a tablespoon a day.
8. Grass finished meats for the CLAs (conjugated linoleic acid) helps with inflammation, anti cancer, healthy fats…
Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements
1. MSM – 2 – 3,000 mg 2 x per day
2. anti- inflammatory – boswellia 800 – 1200 mg. May take 2 or 3 times per day as long as not on blood thinners
3. Lugols Iodine 5% applied topically
*4. Magnesium oil – topical, on joints
5. Magnesium citrate – oral – 400 mg, or more depending on bowel tolerance
6. Take digestive enzyme with each meal.
7. Probiotics…of course…empty stomach.
8. Fish oil pills Omega 3’s
*1. SJW/MulleinRoot/Solomon Seal Root tincture 5 drops as needed
*2. 3 Juniper berries a day (magic!)
3. Turmeric (curcumin C3 complex by vitacost) – 3 caps 2 or 3 times per day
4. Cayenne pepper – tincture or capsule or in a cream to take transdermally. Cayenne unsticks stuck energy and gets things flowing!
5. Daily infusion of Horsetail (small part), Nettle, Lemonbalm, Comfrey and Oats
6. Topically: Saint John’s Wort oil, Cottonwood oil, Arnica oil, Goldenrod oil
1. pinch of borax added to drinking water – to kill nanobacteria
2. Epsom salt baths plus 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
*3. Baking Soda in hot water (up to a teaspoon)
read about acidosis and arthritis
4. Another old folk remedy that folks still swear works to keep their arthritis pains at bay is to combine 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp of honey in a glass of warm water. Drink one glass daily. Apple Cider Vinegar is a miracle cure. 🙂
Energy and Body Work
1. Structural Integration is a hands on modality. Rolfing, Hellerwork, KMI are some brand name examples.
Rosalee de la Floret, one of my herbal mentors, wrote this to me about structural pain.
Last week I worked with a woman who had severely limited range of motion in her right arm. She could barely get dressed in the morning because it was so hard to get her arm in her bra and shirt in a way that didn’t hurt. After one session with me she had complete range of motion in her arm with no pain. I just heard from her this morning and a week later she is still doing wonderfully. I am only partly sharing this to brag.
But in all seriousness this is not atypical from this type of work, although assuredly some chronic injuries/issues can take longer to resolve. Many graduates from my school work with professional and olympic athletes. It really works well.
I was hit by a car as a pedestrian when I was a teenager. Since then I have had more than my fair share of musculoskeletal problems. I decided to train in Structural Integration because after a decade of searching for help it was the first thing that made a difference in my life. So I guess about now I should look into the camera and say…”I am not only a practitioner of Structural Integration, I am also a client.”
2. Gentle stretching
3. Core strengthening. Exercise ball?
4. Holly, I almost forgot. After suffering with my own knee pain for about 6 months (due to a violent twist which stretched ligaments) I used 16,000 gauss magnets for a couple of weeks which dramatically encouraged healing. I wasn’t doing anything herbally at that time. Perhaps there is an acupuncturist you could consult if you are interested. (Barbara)
5. Dynamite with Serge Kahili King for instant pain relief
6. Quantum Touch
7. Donna Eden’s 5 minute energy routine
9. Massage (Nia Dickens)
10. Aromatherapy (Nia Dickens)
1. Feed your spirit. Pray to your Creator. Read the Bible. Listen to encouraging talks (my favorite teacher is Greg Boyd from Woodland Hills Church in MIN)
Disclaimer: Holly Drake is not a medical doctor. All communication is for informational purposes only. Not intended to diagnose or treat any illness. Seek your healthcare provider if you so choose.